2 Year Certificate
PHILOSOPHY: The building trades department provides the student with a comprehensive education in Carpentry. This program is designed to meet the growing need for experienced carpenters to build Tribal housing and other commercial structures. In addition to specific carpentry skills, students will gain proficiency in such areas as the work ethic, job application and basic education skills.
EXPECTED LEARNER OUTCOMES:
1. Learn the proper safety procedures for use and handling of equipment.
2. Demonstrate the basic skills in using computer aided drafting software.
3. Demonstrate carpentry skills required to: a. Frame floors, walls and roofing
4. Demonstrate carpentry skills required to: a. Apply roof shingles and siding
5. Applying mathematical and algebra skills to complete basic construction projects.